Air dryer cartridges. Dry. Filter. Protect.
Safe braking every time, thanks to cleaner compressed air systems. Air dryer cartridges with and without oil separators from Knorr-Bremse, a market leader in filter technology.
A dry season for your braking system
Compressed air and moisture don’t get along, especially not in the braking system of a commercial vehicle. Aerosols entering the pneumatic system can accelerate wear and shorten system service life. Don’t let it come to that! Air dryer cartridges from Knorr-Bremse reliably dry compressed air, thereby protecting the entire braking system from freezing, internal corrosion and reduced braking performance. Thanks to their outstanding materials and optimal technology, Knorr-Bremse air handling systems ensure brakes are supplied with compressed air efficiently and precisely. Anytime!
Air handling professionals
Don’t make any compromises when it comes to your braking system! We never compromise. Trust in our expertise: With over 30 million cartridges produced, and over 20 years of experience, Knorr-Bremse is a market leader in filter technology. We serve as a development partner to almost every major vehicle manufacturer, and we know exactly what the market and customers expect from conventional and mechatronic air drying systems: the best possible safety, efficiency and an optimal relationship between filtration performance and replacement intervals. That service is standard from us!
Knorr-Bremse cartridges – the best solution for every application
One size fits all? It’s not that simple. Our cartridge portfolio includes multiple versions of air dryer cartridges to choose from. We provide the right air dryer cartridge for any application – depending on the vehicle type, air consumption and remaining service life. In addition, both conventional and OSC air dryer cartridges from Knorr-Bremse achieve top results during a functional test on the compressor test bench. Our portfolio includes:
- Conventional air drying cartridges as the basic solution for vehicle applications involving low air consumption
- Premium Oil Separator Cartridges – the best solution for every use
- Remanufactured EconX® Oil Separator Cartridges for older trucks with a short remaining service life that still want the advantages of an oil separator
Thanks to its proven drying performance, the Knorr-Bremse standard air dryer cartridge is the basic solution for pneumatic vehicle systems with low air consumption.
Overview of the conventional cartridge:
- For bus & truck applications with low air consumption
- For low temperature applications down to -45 °C
- Service intervals of up to 12 months
We developed the Premium cartridge with oil separator for mechatronic air drying systems and braking systems with high air consumption. We are particularly proud of the Knorr-Bremse Oil Separator Cartridge. In contrast to many cartridges from competitors, it cleans the compressed air of dirt and oil particles before it enters the drying agent. Even the smallest particles have no chance of entering the pneumatic system. This provides additional protection to the entire braking system. Drying performance remains constant over a long period of time.
Advantages of Knorr-Bremse Oil Separator Cartridge:
- Highest filtration quality: OSC filters out 99 percent of aerosols
- Extends the service life of the entire braking system
- Improves system safety
- Reduces the risk of a vehicle downtime
- Optimal relationship between filtration performance and exchange interval
- Service intervals of up to 36 months
Is a premium Oil Separator Cartridge still a good choice as a replacement part for older commercial vehicles? Definitely – in the EconX version, as a remanufactured product with Knorr-Bremse original quality. EconX air dryer cartridges with oil separators provide identical function to new, original cartridges. Through our specialized remanufacturing process, we ensure that the EconX variant fulfills the standards for the respective new product. The difference is that the main components are used. This makes EconX cartridges less expensive, and they have a shorter expected service life, just like vehicles in the “prime of life” themselves.
Overview of EconX OSC air dryer cartridges:
- For use in older commercial vehicles
- Increases the service life of the entire brake system
- Service intervals of up to 24 months
- Saves energy and raw materials by recycling used products
- Reduces CO2 emissions by up to 75 percent (compared to producing a new part, according to studies)