Brake discs. Heat-resistant. Long-lasting. Robust.
Brake discs from Knorr-Bremse are robust, reduce heat transmission to the hub, and ensure excellent braking power.
Friction and intense heat
are always produced when commercial vehicles brake. Commercial vehicle brakes have to work day after day, in stop-and-go traffic, in any kind of weather, and for emergency braking when necessary. Brake discs and brake pads, in particular, suffer in these conditions. There is no way to entirely prevent this wear, but it can be improved. Choosing the right brake discs plays a key role. Ultimately, brake discs are responsible for optimal transmission of full braking power to the wheels and thereby to the road. Brake discs from Knorr-Bremse are some of the best discs available. For safe and precise braking.
Full braking power – safely
The braking performance of any disc brake depends greatly on the brake discs and brake pads used. Where disc meets brake, braking technology has to work smoothly and materials have to withstand braking forces. The brake discs and pads used in Knorr-Bremse braking systems are perfectly coordinated to work together. They are optimally paired, with friction combinations tailored to the specific application. This ensures safe braking and increases the wear limits of disc and pad. Less friction means less wear and full braking power.
Outstanding heat resistance
Just like all products from Knorr-Bremse TruckServices, our brake disc product range fulfills the highest demands. Brake discs are manufactured according to OEM standards and quality. The heat produced during braking is the biggest challenge for brake discs. One of the brake disc's most important functions is to effectively dissipate this heat. This prevents unnecessary material stress, thereby reducing wear. Brake discs from Knorr-Bremse can stand up to heavy wear. Innovative materials and advanced design ensure optimal resistance to heat cracks, for a long life on the road.
Splined Disc® – robust for heavyweight vehicles
The safety of commercial vehicles and their drivers is the top priority for Knorr-Bremse. Can brake discs and linings withstand the tough demands of the road? Every day, mile for mile? To make sure they can, all of our brake discs have to withstand true endurance tests. Their material, geometry and structural strength are tested under the most extreme conditions. Every disc, every time. Knorr-Bremse has specifically developed the Splined Disc® to handle the hardest jobs on the road.
The sophisticated design of the brake disc optimizes thermal insulation between the brake disc and wheel hub. Adapter pieces are used to reduce transmission of the heat flow into the hub bearing. Splined Discs® reduce uneven pad wear, since there is practically no shielding effect. Spring elements and the symmetrical structure facilitate thermal expansion in the axial direction.
The result? One of the best brake discs in the world! In addition to lower weight per wheelend in comparison to conventional solutions, and increased resistance to heat cracks, brake disc and pad wear are optimized. This, in turn, makes the brakes more cost efficient.
At a glance
Why you should choose brake discs from Knorr-Bremse:
- Because we offer economical solutions for any maintenance or servicing task.
- Because you can benefit from optimized friction pairings of brake discs and pads. Because less wear means lower life cycle costs.
- Because the reduced heat transmission from the Splined Disc® to the hub makes the brake discs especially heat resistant.
- Because ideally coordinated products and technical support ensure harmonized service intervals and short downtimes. To get your vehicle back on the road fast.
- Because we have a broad portfolio of Knorr-Bremse brake discs for any application.
- Because we offer brake discs on the replacement parts aftermarket manufactured according to OEM standards and quality.
- Because our Expert Network distributors always have the most important replacement parts in stock. Because every minute counts!
- Because Knorr-Bremse also offers you brake discs for applications outside of their own OE spectrum, ensuring solutions from a single source for every kind of service.